Photography and Drawing Competition
We are excited to let you know about a local competition that we are running in order to find 7 images to be included a unique printing of the book of Luke from the Bible.
We are printing 1000 copies of the Gospel of Luke that will feature photographs of the local Wisbech town and area as well as some hand drawn pictures by local primary school children.
We are looking for 1 photograph for the front cover of the book and an additional 3 photographs for internal pages. All photographs need to be of an area of the town of Wisbech or local surrounding area (please avoid having people in the images as we will need to seek permission from the people for the photograph’s use). You need to have taken the photograph yourself. We will credit the photographers within the book. We will not be paying for use of the photographs and you will need to agree to allow us to use/print your photograph.
We are inviting primary schools to send us colourful, hand drawn pictures by their students (Reception – Year 6) depicting a scene from any story within the Gospel of Luke. Please obtain parental permission for the child to enter the competition before sending us the entries. We are looking to include 3 hand drawn pictures within the book.
There is no entry fee.
The judges’ decision is final.
Every winner will receive:
• their own copy of the book.
• an invitation for them and their family to attend the book launch celebration where the prizes will be given out.
• a certificate.
• £10 gift voucher for The Luxe Cinema.
• A ‘King’s Church’ travel mug & tote bag.
Each Primary School winner will also receive 100 copies of the book for their school.
HOW TO ENTER
• send an email attachment of your image to email@example.com
• include your name and contact details.
• post your drawings to: Drawing Competition, The King’s Church Wisbech, 10a-14 South Brink, Wisbech, PE13 1JQ.
• OR scan your drawings and attach to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
• each entry needs the name of the child (First names only will be printed in the book), the age of the child, and the name of the school.
All entries need to be received by 31st May 2021.
The winners will be announced on 14th June 2021 on our social media pages, website as well as being contacted directly.
BOOK LAUNCH & PRIZE GIVING
We will be holding a book launch and prize giving on 10th July 2021, Covid regulation permitting, in the Queen Mary Centre where the winners will be presented with their prizes.
We hope you will consider entering and we can’t wait to see your photographs and drawings that will help this local project come to life.